Back in the autumn, a number of gebana customers received a sample of ground cashew nuts to try out. Dorothe P. used them to bake tasty cookies.
- 200 g cashew nuts, ground
- 50 g marzipan
- 150 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- 75 g flour (1)
- 100 g flour (2)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Cashew nuts, whole
- Cane sugar
- Roast the ground cashew nuts in a pan and then leave to cool. Dice the marzipan very finely.
- Mix together the marzipan, butter, sugar and cream. Add the flour (1) and stir until the dough is crumbly.
- Mix the flour (2) with the roasted, ground cashew nuts. Add salt.
- Mix together both mixtures and knead.
- Shape into approx. 3 cm thick rolls, firmly pressing everything together. Wrap the rolls in film and place in the fridge overnight.
- Halve the cashew nuts lengthways.
- Cut the rolls into approx. 0.5 cm thick discs. Brush over with egg yolk. Stick half a cashew nut onto each disc. Sprinkle with a little cane sugar.
- Bake at a medium temperature for around 10-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown in colour.