This creamy pasta recipe is wonderfully refreshing and quick to prepare. Recipe by Lena Fuchs, Mein leckeres Leben
© Mein leckeres Leben
- 500 g spaghetti
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 spring onions
- 200 ml cream
- 150 gr Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 organic lemons, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, Grade A
- Optional: 1 bunch of chervil or parsley
- 100-150 g pistachios, freshly shelled
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente, around 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Peel and chop or thinly slice the garlic cloves and slice the spring onions.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onions in it. Zest three lemons using a fine grater or micro plane, making sure to only get the outer yellow layer of the peel, and add the zest to the pan. Pour in the cream and allow to simmer for a short time.
- Squeeze two lemons and add the juice to the pan, together with the Parmesan cheese, maple syrup and freshly chopped herbs, if using.
- Allow the sauce to simmer gently for a few more minutes, adding a few spoons of the reserved pasta water to help bind the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir into the sauce.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios. Garnish the pasta with the pistachios and some freshly chopped herbs and enjoy while still hot.