Quick and easy compote with a great cinnamon flavour. The compote is a wonderful accompaniment to creamy porridge or a tasty topping for cakes. Recipe by Corinna Frei, Schüsselglück
- 1 kg quinces, peeled and diced (4 large quinces in our case)
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar
- 500 ml water
- 100 g whole cane sugar
- 100 g erythritol
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Rub the quinces with a cloth. Then wash, peel, quarter, destone and cut the quinces into pieces.
- Put the prepared quince pieces into a pot with the cinnamon sticks, cover with apple cider vinegar and water, bring to the boil and leave to simmer on a low heat until the pieces become soft. Add erythritol and whole cane sugar to the pot towards the end.
- Place the quince pieces into prepared jars without juice. Simmer the juice for a further 2-3 minutes and then pour into the jars. Seal the jars and leave to stand upside down for about 5 minutes.
Tip: Not a fan of cinnamon? The compote also tastes great with vanilla and lemon zest.