3,2,1 ... ice cream! Use lemon juice, sugar and water here to transform the sour fruit into a refreshing sweet treat. Recipe from TodayIs
Ingredients for 6-8 pieces:
- If you don't like pulp, you can pour the lemon juice through a fine sieve.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, lemon juice and about 50ml of water to the boil, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer carefully for about 5 minutes until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid into ice-cream moulds using a measuring cup, leaving about a centimetre of space around the edge. This will allow the ice cream to expand slightly as it freezes.
- If you like, you can decorate the popsicles by puting a slice of lemon in each mould.
Tip: The popsicle sticks will hold better and not slide if you let the ice cream freeze and only insert the sticks after about 3-4 hours.