Jackfruit is a true chameleon that adapts to any recipe. Rolled in breadcrumbs, it can be turned into these deliciously crunchy croquettes. And since they’re baked rather than fried, you can enjoy them guilt-free! Recette by Kathleen Bousiquier, PlanteTonAssiette.
(for 6 nice croquettes)
- 1 can of jackfruit (400g)
- 100ml unsweetened soy drink
- 25g of flour
- 100g of breadcrumbs (or stale bread mixed in a blender)
- 50g of crushed fried onions (or crushed unsweetened corn flakes)
- Spices (smoked paprika, pepper, granulated garlic, herbes de Provence)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce
- Rinse the jackfruit pieces and crumble them in a bowl.
- Add all the spices, soy sauce and sriracha sauce. Mix with your fingers to cover the jackfruit.
- Take a handful of jackfruit and squeeze it firmly between your hands to drain out all the moisture. Form a ball, then flatten it slightly. Set aside. Repeat until you have prepared all of the jackfruit.
- In a deep dish, combine the soy mixture and the flour. In a second deep dish, combine the breadcrumbs and fried onions.
- Dip a ball of jackfruit in the liquid mixture and then roll it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat a second time to create a double layer of breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the jackfruit balls.
- Place the jackfruit croquettes in an air fryer and cook for ten minutes at 180°C. You can also bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven before starting the recipe and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 180°C, brushing lightly with olive oil beforehand. Keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook!
Enjoy the croquettes dipped in a homemade sauce or some soy sauce.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by Kathleen Bousiquier from PlanteTonAssiette.com.